Whenever we visit Giovanni’s family in Naples, I love baking for them. Especially Nonna Ada (Giovanni’s grandmother) has an exceptional sweet tooth, and she loves when I bake coconut macaroons.
However, she is not the only one who loves these small wonders, and therefore I decided to share the recipe. It’s the perfect recipe for treating your work colleagues, making a small desert for guests or just baking a weekend sweet treat, as it is easy to make and needs very few ingredients.
This recipe makes about 10-15 coconut macaroons, depending on the size.
250 g of coconut flour
250 g of sugar
150 g of dark chocolate
- Mix the coconut flour, sugar and eggs in a bowl. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave it to rest for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Shape the coconut macaroons into small cones using your hands and place them on a baking tray. A good advice is to wet your hands slightly, as it gets much easier to shape them.
- Bake the macaroons in the oven for 20 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
- Leave the macaroons to cool off.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the bottom of the macaroons in it and let them to cool.
According to taste and preferences you can use different kinds of chocolate, add vanilla, lemon zest or liquorice powder to the coconut mix or something third to spice up your very own coconut macaroons.
Share how you prefer your favourite coconut macaroons in the comments field below or on Instagram.
Enjoy the lovely macaroons